W10IB Software - Get your HPIB GC/MS ready for Win7/10
Products > Software
The actual situation
With the latest cyber security threats impacting many organisations, IT departments are driving labs to have greater standardisation of Operating System platforms such as Windows 7 or even Windows 10 across all local desktop PC’s. On the other hand an substantial amount of money was invested into state-of-the-art GC/MS systems some years ago. Especially Agilent Technologies 5973A series type of mass spectrometers are sensitve and robust enough to fulfill the requirements of today's routine analysis from the hardware point of view. Unfortunately old style HPIB/GPIB communication links are not supported under modern operating systems and actual revisions of the MSD-ChemStation software. The favored solution is to stay with the out-dated software up to a point where the computer dies or release budget and buy new instruments.
The (intelligent) solution
Use your existing HPIB-type GC/MS instruments for another decade by upgrading the MSD-ChemStation communication layer with the W10IB software package and release the power of modern operating systems into your lab. Depending from your present software/hardware configuration and laboratory infrastructure, multiple setup options are possible, but everything starts with an entry level traget price of about 850.- EUR for the basic license (one instrument/one company). Just another cost effective and unique solution by Intelli Labs.
- runs natively under Microsoft® Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 10 Pro operating systems
- runs inside a virtual machine with different guest operating systems to support 5971A or 5972A MSD's
- could be configured as a HPIB-LAN gateway with multi instrument support and network access
- full compatible with original G1701-EA MSD-ChemStation's
- leaves functionallity and user interface of the MSD-ChemStation untouched
- comes with our MassLauncher and RemoteBoot app for fail-save start of an instrument session
- easy step by step installation procedure from the all-in-one W10IB USB Stick (16 GB size)
- no dongle or other copy protection methods involved
- on-site installation possible with six month warranty option
- cost effective solution
Requirements and Options
Check the hard- and software requirements below to find the appropriate W10IB option which best fits your needs. You can order everything from a pre-configured ready-to-run computer with on-site installation and warranty, up to the W10IB USB media, with a ready to run virtual machine and setup files for a natively installation under Windows 7/10 Pro.
- Desktop PC, Windows 7 or Windows 10 ready
- min. 4 GB RAM, min. 150 GB Hard Disk, LAN adapter
- USB port 2.0 or higher for W10IB media (only for installation)
- 82350A/B GPIB interface card (Keysight or Agilent Technologies only)
- a valid and unused G1701 MSD-ChemStation license number
(up to four instrument sessions per license are supported on a single PC)
- an activated Windows 7 or Windows 10 license for each computer
Please consider that this product includes a six month warranty period, therefore an on-site installation from our service team could be required. Due to this fact, on-site installation can only be ordered for european countries like GERMANY, AUSTRIA, SWITZERLAND, BeNeLux, UK and IRELAND.
For other countries only telephone or E-Mail support is available. In case of special configuration requests, please contact us.
All trademarks and brand names are the property of their owners.